Monday, September 16, 2013

Is it more important that he is BLACK or that he is UNARMED? @GMA @Charlotte

So sad to hear the news of the unarmed young man killed in Charlotte by the police officer.  WOW- 24 years old.  He had a car accident crawled out the back of his car-- and was knocking on doors in a subdivision when a homeowner pushed her panic button.  A few things stood out for me in this story when I heard it on Good Morning America.
1. She opened the door, slammed it and then pressed her panic button.  OK why you open the door from the get go-- me; I think I would have just called the police-- someone is banging on my door.
2. They said he ran towards an officer-- is thta what you do when you want help--- or run away?
3. The officer may have (we aren't sure) used his taser and it jammed or didn't work--?? UHHHHH
4. The officer pretty much unloaded his gun on this unarmed person-- now me being a regular plain ole mom may have unloaded mine-- just because I didn't know how to stop it, but as an officer- ????
5.  Why do most if not all of the headlines say he was an UNARMED BLACK MAN-- how important is that-- there is a life GONE, cut short at 24, -- what did his COMPLEXION have to do with it?

JUSTICE needs to be served, but as a citizen-- not just as a black man--  I'm just saying--

May the family be covered in prayer and may his parents find a peach that only God can provide. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Travise. Hope we can all seethe tragedy of this life lost. Perhaps it I not a life lost in vain if we can embrace your point.

    ReplyDelete