Thursday, September 5, 2013

Operation Christmas Child- @samaritanspurse has been on my mind- share this story-


So today I have been thinking about Operation Christmas child for some reason.  I mean seriously is Christmas that close-- looks like it is.  I wanted to share a story with you it may take a bit to read, but in case you don't participate in Operation Christmas Child this may move you to do a Christmas Box this year.  I will try to spare you the details, but once you read it -- will you share it with someone else.  Thanks in advance.

So it was a hot and long day and the MISSIONARIES that were sharing the boxes had a long rewarding day-- dust was high from a little wind and the people walking on the paths to get to them.  they were down to one single box that was a boy box.  You always mark them and pray over the box when you put it together.  Anyway so a child comes running down the DIRT path as they are starting to close up for the day-- remember only one box is left.  The little boy comes up and asked did I miss it-- am I too late, I walked miles in hopes of getting the shoe box...The child was able to have the last box and the missionary talked to him about Christ and he said-- I believe I believe cause I prayed that God would make sure I had a box to open when I got here and He did it-- it was the last one, but He did it.  He started to open the box and you could see the excitement simply mounting in his little hands.  He tore the paper off and the missionary begin to cry-- "Oh my it has girl shoes in it she thought to herself"-- the little boy begin to cry-- she promised him she would locate a boy box for him to just give her a minute... he looked up at her and said -- NO this is the box I prayed for, this is exactly what I asked God to have waiting for me.  You see the box had pink shoes in it and other little household supplies-- The missionary asked why would you want a GIRL box.  The little boy started to explain-- you see my mother doesn't have any shoes and she has to walk for miles everyday to get us water to use and this is what she needs-- God thank you he said and as fast as he came to the tent he was gone. 
 
You see God knows exactly what you need -- and he will deliver in his due season--  Faith of a child-
Luke 18:17 - Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

Matthew 18:3 - And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Mark 10:13-16 - And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and [his] disciples rebuked those that brought [them].    

Matthew 21:16 - And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

No comments:

Post a Comment