Friday, September 27, 2013

@popeyeschicken I want my $$ back and I feel like I am owed an APOLOGY!

RESPONSES are great-- but before you respond-- please read the entire post!! Thanks
Let me be clear about this POST-- it is my EXPERIENCE-- You are welcome to have your opinion, but know that-- no one can tell me how to feel about what happened-- It happened over 24 hours ago and I am STILL totally INSULTED & still think what happened was 100% UNACCEPTABLE--

Thursday afternoon I went to @Popeye's restaurant-- it was my first time and I was super excited-- there was NO LINE at the Drive Thru and this was MY OPPORTUNITY to try @Popeye's.  Woo Hoo-- so I thought.  I ordered a nugget meal pulled up to the window and the lady was super nice (so she seemed)-- I told her it was my first time being at the restaurant and the conversation went like this:
Me: This is my first time here.
Cashier: Oh well, I have to tell you about the survey on the back.
Me: Great, do I get something FREE.
Cashier: You sure do, you will get a 2 piece meal, but you have to purchase a large drink--I would suggest the TEA because it is $1.06 and it tastes great.
Me: Is it country SWEET
Cashier: Well, we are supposed to put in three scoops, but we put in four and it is -"ghetto fabulous".
Me: Thank you- and I pulled to the next window and got my food.

When I tell you I saw RED-- I saw RED!!! I was so upset, I called s co-worker to see if I was over reacting?  She listened and said uh NO-- you are the furthest thing from GF..Seriously?  

I felt so INSULTED and totally in AWE that she would think it is ACCEPTABLE to say that to a customer.  Really!!  I can not believe that anyone would think that is OK to say to a customer.  Someone asked why didn't you go in and talk to the manager when it happened.  You know why?  Because I had to get to the Dry cleaners, get home start dinner and pick up from football practice.-- I had to do all of that and calm down.

So let me educate some people on what GHETTO means -- so you understand why I was so INSULTED that this person would insunuate that I could relate to anything GHETTO-

A ghetto is a derogatory term, sometimes referred to as a part of a city in which members of a minority group live, especially because of social, legal, or economic pressure.[1] The term was originally used in Venice to describe the part of a city to which Jews were restricted and segregated.

ghet·to-fab·u·lous

[get-oh-fab-yuh-luhs] Show IPA
adjective Informal.
pertaining to or noting a lifestyle of showy but superficial glamour and luxury that is sometimes adopted by people in or from an urban ghetto: That man is just ghetto-fabulous; his bling wears bling!
 
Ghetto fabulous is an expression believed to have originated among African Americans living in poor urban areas.[1][2]
It specifically refers to the mentality and lifestyle of some American ghetto inhabitants and vaguely to the mentality and lifestyle of poor African-American urbanites.
 


The first question I keep hearing when I share this story with close friends is was the cashier black or white?  Well honestly that isn't relevant-- Regardless of whether she was African-American, White, Asian, Indian, Hispanic-- it was UNacceptable.  I am the furthest thing away from GHETTO -- I don't portray it-- and if this was a ploy to build some camaraderie -- uh it didn't work! 
 

2 comments:

  1. The young people think that is the thing now days. I think more customer training is necessary. I see a lot of poor customer service. We need to teach our young people no matter how cool some folk think this is....it is not okay. Some things are just unacceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have just laughed. Sorry, I can see you were really upset, but I would have just laughed and went about my day. She didn't call YOU ghetto fabulous, she called the TEA ghetto fabulous. Maybe your reference to "country sweet" struck some nerve in her? Or maybe she though it was funny so came back with something that was funny to her. Whatever, I just would not have got offended. Would have just laughed it off. Also, with all your definitions up there you are definitely coming off racist. I don't know what race you are or what race she was, and it really does NOT matter, but from reading your post I get the impression that you are white and she was black and that is what has your panties in a bunch.
    Also you are coming off a bit condescending with your definitions of "ghetto fabulous". Sweetie everybody knows what ghetto fabulous means. Your definitions are underlining racism.

    ReplyDelete